- Specific IgE from the sample binds with the allergen coupled to the solid phase.
- Unbound material is removed in a washing stage with water.
- Enzyme labelled anti-IgE is added which binds to any specific IgE.
- Unbound anti-human-IgE is removed in a washing stage with water.
- Substrate is added and the solution is incubated.
- The intensity of the blue colour is compared with the colour chart and the amount of specific IgE can be estimated using a class scoring system.
Diagnostic specificity: 100 %
Diagnostic sensitivity: < 97.5 %